I wanted to make something delicious for Huxley to enjoy but also know they had a little bit of veggies in there.. and so these were created; super quickly on a lunch sleep! What I love about them is how moist they are, so they don’t crumb everywhere and easy for little hands to hold onto.
We used our We Might Be Tiny silicone baking molds which we love! the perfect snack size and so easy to fill – not sponsored in any way, we just love them!
This recipe will last a couple of days in the fridge, or you can freeze them and grab them when needed
This recipe is nut free, gluten free, dairy free, high fibre and a delicious way to sneak in extra veggies
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 medium zucchini, shredded and water squeezed out
2 carrots, shredded
1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 linseed meal
2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup – can also be omitted for children under one
1/3 cup melted organic butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
additional extras: organic dried currents, for older kids and adults add some chopped walnuts
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- using a food processor, shred the zucchini first. place into a bowl and squeeze out the extra liquid.
- Next shred the carrots and add to the zucchini, along with the wet ingredients – coconut yoghurt, melted butter, eggs – stir well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the all dry ingredients well before adding into the wet mixture.
- Mix well
- Prepare your baking molds, or small muffin tins by lightly greasing with a small amount of melted butter or olive oil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked all the way through. They are very moist so don’t over cook them.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely before eating.
- Pack in lunch boxes and enjoy!