Sometimes we need something a little savoury and packed full of veggies to pick up the afternoon. I was a little surprised how much my children enjoyed this recipe, I thought the curry spices would have been a deterrent but nope, they love them! If you want to avoid the curry powder, you could substitute other herbs in such as Italian blend, or dried onion and garlic.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, high fibre, veggie booster
I N G R E D I E N T S
½ cup of mashed peeled and cooked sweet potato
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup almond meal
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp olive oil
pumpkin seeds to sprinkle over – optional
M E T H O D
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, eggs, curry powder, bi-carb soda, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and grated zucchini into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add in the almond meal, buckwheat flour, and flaxseed meal.
- Place into medium-sized muffin tins and place into the oven, bake for 25-30 minutes (longer for larger muffin sizes).
- Once cooked remove from the heat and set aside.
- Enjoy as is, or cut it in half and add fresh green pesto