This week I turned 29… 29 laps around the sun! although I don’t feel any different (does anyone feel any different?) Maybe slightly more tired but I’m not sure that’s an age thing but rather a running-a-small-business.
When looking back at this past year it has been a rather amazing one. I opened AHARA HEALTH and have spent every waking (and sleeping) moment loving it, we now have piper our little pup running around the clinic and home and I’m sure I have grown as a person. I adore all the women and men that walk through those clinic doors, ready to make a change and support their wellbeing.
So that may have been a little bit of a tangent, however, one thing that all birthdays need is chocolate! Rob offered to make me something but I simply didn’t want to stay out of the kitchen (and miss out on licking the spoon, no thanks!)
This recipe was super simple to make, so really it can be enjoyed for so much more than just birthdays – it could even be a yay-its-a-wednesday tart! It also uses very little sweetener and to be honest it probably doesn’t even need the small amount that is in there, so feel free to leave it out. I made it the day before and just popped the fruit on before serving.
This recipe is Gluten free, Dairy free, Grain free, Refined sugar free and oh so amazing
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 cups of almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 tablespoons of coconut oil (or melted butter)
1 tablespoon of honey
pinch of salt
1 can of organic coconut cream 400ml, I used Honest to Goodness
1 block of 80% dark chocolate, broken into bits (I used black and greens) option: use 2 blocks for a little bit more indulgence.
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon honey
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease your tart baking tin.
- Mix together all the base ingredients and use your hands to gently push the mixture into the baking tin. (if mixture is a little dry, try adding a splash of water as needed). spike base with a fork and place into the oven.
- Bake the base until cooked through, this should be around 20-30 minutes depending on the level of moisture in your base / almond meal.
- Once the base is cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to cook. Remove from baking tin.
- To make the filling, gently warm the coconut cream on a very low heat. Add in the chocolate and stir until all melted.
- Add in the salt and honey and remove from the heat.
- Place the filling into the base and place into the fridge for at least 2 hours to harden.
- When ready to serve, decorate with your choice of fruit, nuts and seeds