Christmas is the time for love, family and a little indulgence. When planning your Christmas Menu its all about balance. These little morsels are so easy to make and i’m positive the whole family and Christmas guests will love them! Best of all they are refined sugar free, gluten free, high protein, dairy free!
A little tip: keep them in a fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy, the coconut oil keeps them moist and chewy.
This Recipe is: Gluten free, Dairy free, Paleo, Sugar free, Grain free, Vegan
2 cups of hazelnut meal (a combination or almond meal will work here too)
100g hazelnuts roasted
1/2 cup organic raw cacao
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup rice malt syrup or honey
2 tbsp coconut milk
pinch of salt
optional: a splash of amaretto or rum – I left this option out.
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the wet ingredient until blended nicely. Add in the dry ingredients one at a time starting with the raw cacao (EXCEPT the whole roasted hazelnuts).
2. Once mixture is well combined, use a dry finger to push the mixture – it should not stick to your finger.
3. pop into the fridge for 10 minutes to harden
4. once hardened, remove from the fridge and using your hands roll into small even balls. Place one whole hazelnut into the centre of each ball.
5. with the remaining roasted hazel nuts, roughly chop and roll over the balls to create a delicious hazelnut crust!