This recipe is quick, easy and nourishing. Kelp noodles are rich in vitamins and minerals for the whole family to benefit from. Adding some dulse flakes over the top of into the dressing helps give you a further nutrient boost. This recipe will last for lunches the next day, so increase the recipe to help extend meal options. Add a variety of fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, and coriander to zest up the salad even further.
- 1 packet of kelp noodles
- 1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 of Green and red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Mixed sprouts – I love mung beans, broccoli, and alfalfa
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- Chili if you are after a little bit of spice
- hand full of cherry tomatoes
- 2 large handful of fresh rocket
- 1 carrot sliced or grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced/sliced
- 1 pinch of Dulse flakes,
For the green dressing I used chili, ginger, lemongrass, tamari and lemon juice in a blender for a couple of seconds until liquefied and mix through the salad!
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle over salad dressing and enjoy straight away. If saving some salad for lunch set aside some dressing to enjoy later on and avoid a soggy salad.